It is essential to choose the right attachment for the right application, in order to increase the productivity of your logistics handling dramatically. There are about more than hundreds of different configurations and designs available on the market. Which attachment should you choose? To help you make the right choice, we have covered some of the most common attachment parts and their benefits, in this article.
Paper Roll Clamps (PRC):
The Paper Roll Clamp attachment is strictly industry-specific. This attachment can handle different sized paper rolls for industries such as newspaper printing, paper manufacturing, tissue manufacturing and other paper industry products. Paper Roll Clamps can be bought with automatic pressure controls, which allow allocation of correct pressure without damaging/crushing the paper roll. Depending on the kind of paper, a number of different types of gripping pads are also available.
Benefits of using Paper Roll Clamp:
- Reduced paper damage with automatic clamp pressure and large selection of clamp pads
- Specifically designed for the paper industry
- Increased handling times with paper handling 3600 rotation
To handle large rectangular or square shaped objects that don’t require a pallet, carton clamps are used. Carton clamp attachment part is most commonly used for beverage, appliance and electronic applications. When used with automatic sensing systems, these clamps can also be used to handle fragile goods. Depending on the application requirements, the attachment are sometimes set up horizontally or vertically.
Benefits of using Carton Clamp:
- Removes pallet purchase cost and repairs cost
- Removal of the need for pallets when handling rectangular/square shaped objects
- Specialize at handling rectangle and square objects
- Reduces weight and therefore shipping cost (because of no pallets)
- Reduced handling times of white goods, electronics and boxes
- Increases storage space (because of absence of pallets)
Fork Positioners attachments are very commonly used for faster and more effective handling of different sized pallets and odd sized objects. The attachment allows forklift types to be moved closer or further away from each other hydraulically. This enables the operator to align forks with pallets more accurately and significantly faster.
Benefits of using Fork Positioners:
- Reduced pallet damage
- Reduced manual work, as operators don’t have to manually adjust fork positioning
- Reduced fuel and truck wear
- Allows accurate fork positioning without the operator having to manoeuvre the truck
- Improved load handling times
Push/Pull or Slip Sheeter (Ppull):
Slip sheets are most popular for bagged cement, bagged seed and grain, packaged food, dairy products, fruits and corrugated box handling. Push/Pull attachments are used for the handling of loads that have slip sheets instead of pallets. Using slip sheets, these attachments push to unload and pull to load.
The unique aspect about this attachment is that instead of using pallets, it is substituted by an inexpensive slip sheet which decreases maintenance costs, storage area and damaged stock due to old pallets.
Benefits of using a Slip Sheeter:
- Low cost to replace and reuse, compared with pallets
- Reduce packaging weight (lowering shipping costs)
- Increase storage space
- Eliminate the need for pallet exchange
- Fast removal and installation (without having to remove the forks)
Picking up the right attachment part according to your need is crucial. Some attachments perform multiple tasks, however at times they’d prove inappropriate for a particular type of industry, as they only specialize a certain industry type. If you’re planning to buy a new or used attachment part for your forklift truck, get in touch with us, and we will ensure that you get the best, most appropriate attachment part for your requirement.