Transportation trucksÂ or heavy-duty vehicles are the lifelines of any logistic business. Taking care of the truck might be an overwhelming chore for all truck owners. Whenever your truck needs a repair whether a minor or a major one, its spare parts always make a dent in your pocket. Buying new truck parts is generally a good option, but there are times when used parts can be a better choice for your truck. To understand which options are better (used or new truck parts), you need to understand the advantages and limitations of both used and new truck parts.
Used Truck Parts
- Easy availability- Truck parts are easily available in a variety of models of the brand. Used truck parts from a truck wrecker can provide you with a wide range of parts for selection.
- Cost-saving solution- Used truck parts can be a cost-effective solution for the truck owners. It often provides high-quality parts at significantly low rates. Cost varies depending on specific parts, but the price of used parts are comparatively lower than fresh parts.
- Eco-friendliness- Purchasing a used part can contribute towards decreasing your carbon footprint. Old parts can be recycled rather than being in the dumpster. Recycling of old parts would reduce the production of new parts.Â Â Â
- Refurbished parts- Used parts are thoroughly refurbished for resale purposes. Refurbished parts Â also come with a guarantee.
- Capable of flexibility- Used parts are easily available with the nearby truck wreckers at any time compared to long waiting of the new truck parts.
- Limited warranty- MostÂ OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)Â parts come with some level of warranty or protection. The warranty sometimes, however, can be limited or vague. This creates a risk for the truck owners.
- Low-quality- Used parts do not guarantee the quality due to its unknown usage and condition. Since the quality can be low, it may provide limited lifespan. Â
New Truck Parts
- Perfect fit- When you buy new trucks parts from the manufacturer or a licensed dealer, you have the assurance that the part will be a perfect fit. A perfect fit contributes towards the performance of a truck.
- Extended warranty- If new replacement parts are purchased from a licensed dealer, then the parts come with an extended warranty so the next time you need the same part, it might be replaced free of cost.
- Latest technology- New parts made using the latest technology, provides much more durability than the used parts. The quality of the new parts is also generally superior to the used parts.
- Reliable- The new part assures reliability due to the warranty that comes along with it. It extends the lifespan of the truck.
- Expensive- New parts are expensive in comparison to used parts. Since the dealer has to order the part especially for you, you may incur additional costs.
- Potentially long waiting time- Having to wait for the new parts can be a disadvantage. Dealers may take some time to deliver new parts (especially larger ones) as these have to be ordered and shipped.Â
Purchasing new or used truck parts depends on oneâ€™s personal choices, goals, and finances. You can findÂ authorized dealers hereÂ to procure new truck parts, or you could buy used parts from certified firms specializing in dismantling or disassembling trucks.