Dump trailers are heavy duty trucks having a big box on the back that can be used for carrying and dumping. They are designed in a way to lift heavy loads and meet the needs of all types of dump trailer applications. There are many advantages of dump trailers.
- They have the strength to efficiently haul more than just bulk commodities.
- Heavy duty trucks are easy to maintain. It does not cost much to repair and maintain dump trailers.
- The trailer walls are welded individually and so the wall repairs are not noticeable.
- They have a lot of strength that provides resistance from twisting.
- The combination of strength, lightweight, and high load ratings give you versatile and flexible loading options.
There are two main types of dump trailers that are commonly used. Frame dump trailers and frameless dump trailers. Both have their own advantages.
Frame dump trailers
Frame dump trailers are the best for every job site. It has various features that set it apart from other heavy duty trucks.
Wrap around bulkhead
The bulkhead is wrapped from all the sides and transfers all the load to the side walls in order to reduce stress and possibility of cracking during tough applications. For the purpose of improved fuel efficiency, it aids airflow.
Quiet-ride rubber pads
To reduce noise and wear, the rubber pads are affixed to each body cross member. They also help to keep away dirt and debris.
The chassis is constructed from I-beams that have fewer joints and welds than a fabricated beam. Therefore, the chances of cracking are reduced.
Frameless dump trailers
Frameless dump trailers are designed to maintain an ideal balance between more payload and increased durability. They possess some unique features that distinguish them from other types of dump trailers.
Long-life upper coupler
It has a stainless steel saddle receiver assembly that can be replaced. It is bolted into an aluminum sub-structure for reduced weight and increased durability.
The doghouse is connected to an under-support system of U-shaped channels that are fastened and gusseted at critical torsion points. This transmits the stress to neutral areas of the side walls and helps eliminate stress cracks.
Premium grade aluminum floors
To achieve higher yield strength, aluminum alloy is used.
Some features are common in both these types of dump trailers.
- Strong solid-box cross member
- Stronger rear posts
- Coal door
- Tougher tailgate hardware
- Zinc plated tailgate pins
- Durable hinge shoe
- Filter protects ABS
- Corrosion-resistant paint process
You cannot decide whether which type of dump trailers are best. Both frame dump trailers and frameless dump trailers have their own unique advantages. Buying dump trailers will depend on the nature of work that is to be performed.